Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hallelujah!!

Gookie will be 16 months old on the 22nd and is not walking. She is sooo stubborn. She truly can do it, but its when she wants to do it and if we try when she isnt willing, wo man!
Tonight after dinner we were sitting in the family room and Brad stood Gookie up and she just took off and walked to me!!!! I couldnt believe it. So we did it more and more and I got further and further and she would walk from me to Brad and from Brad to me. Then Brad had to get up because our sink was leaking because they were running their dishwasher up stairs. (yeah our house smells like vomit and she was very rude when we asked if they could not run their dishwasher, but i digress)
So Gookie had walked to the chair was Brad was and then he left. And all by herself she just walked away from the chair by herself!!! I am absolutely THRILLED!!
I couldnt find my camera until after Hunter stripped down and Gookie took off her diaper! Maybe she likes the feel of the breeze as she walks so fast!!
We had her walk until she wore herself out. I am so happy!! Good videos coming soon.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! That is some exciting news! I loved hearing how excited you are too!
She is sooooo cute! Seeing Hunter and Brooke made Steve and I miss you all so much when we were watching the video!