Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap up

Friday night was the Adams Girl's Night. It was the best time! We all met and Memaw's and left the hubby's with the kids without looking back! We went to dinner at Johnny Carino's and then to Sub Zero Ice cream and sat on the couches and talked and talked. For some reason the main topic of the conversation was our kiddos, or giving birth to them! HA HA!! It truly was a great time and each of my sisters in law are amazing and I love them. I have a picture to post later.

Saturday Brad and his dad and another brother went snow mobiling. The kiddos and I stayed home and recupperated from a messed up schedule! Meaning my kiddos were tired and cranky. The kiddos and I did go to the store where Old Yeller and Fox and the HOund were purchased on sale. We want to slowly build up our movie collection and we have started with the classics. Hunter absolutely LOVES these movies! It's sad, this boy needs a dog. But we would need a house. Satuday was also spent GLUED to CNN. My beloved nephew, Sterling, is serving his mission in Chile. He is in the town where the tsunami wave hit. I was waiting to hear from my sister who was waiting to hear he was safe. Also my other beloved nephew, Brandon, and his wife Lacey are in Hawaii. These nephews are like my little brothers. I grew up playing with them and staying up late laughing with them. They mean so much to me. So I am watching the news waiting for the tsunami to hit Hawaii and I call Brandon who tells me he is at his home and ended up napping through the tsunami alert. He has been on the island too long, he is too relaxed! Anyway, I am so glad that they are both safe.

Sunday.. have I mentioned how hard Sundays are? We have church at 1 pm with sacrament mtg last. Their nap time is 11:30-12. The kids try so hard to be happy but after the sacrament is passed it's a battle. It was nice however that we werent in the library this week. This is our calling and we are in the library 80 % of the time. No relief society or sunday school for us. Brad was generous enough to take Brooke for priesthood/relief society and I got to sit and listen to the lesson. It was a real treat. When we came home we put the kiddos down and they went right to sleep for a late afternoon nap.

So then Mondays are spent getting the kids back on schedule. Today it was just fine. Gookie was happy to take her 2 naps! Hunter was in his jammie pants with out anything underneath the majority of the day, and did really well pulling the pants down on his own to go potty! WOO HOO!!!!! Bit by bit we are making progress.
Tonight for Family Home Evening we went to get a vacuum!! It is amazing and the color green (my favorite color). Its so nice to be able to vacuum anytime we want to now.

And that has been our weekend. Many pictures of the kids to be posted later.

1 comment:

Miriam Lusk said...

Sundays are hard huh! Sounds like you guys are having a big time lately! Congrats on your vacuum.. Its amazing how we take those things for grated until we don't have one ;)