Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This and That

I dont have any pictures to post, sorry. I actually dont know where the camera is which is sad because yesterday there was a great video moment as the kiddos were playing and Gookie was laughing so hard at her sweet brother.

Friday the kiddos and I went to hang out with the Sessions. Amber and Ben were in my student ward before my mission. Thanks to FB and blogging we realized that we were both in Rexburg and were able to get together. It was the best! They have two boys, 5 & 3 and a baby girl, Mylie. Hunter LOVES Andrew and Nic, expecially all their cool toys. And Amber and I talked and talked like we had never been apart. And it's been like 7 years!! They invited us over last night for dinner and FHE and we all had a blast. Yay!! It's fun to have friends.

I love motherhood. I love it with all my heart and have always wanted to be a mom. I feel like I was born to be a mom and I have complete joy from being a Momma. It's not a burden at all and I feel like I have had it really "easy". I feel like because I was the youngest of 7 kids and my oldest nephew is only 4 years younger than I am, I went into motherhood pretty prepared. I think the most frustrating things that I have dealt with as a mom are happening right now and with each child. Potty training with Hunter is one of them! Oh man! Ever since that Utah trip its just gone backwards. But what did me in yesterday was when he had dry underpants, but Gookie had wet knees. I asked him if he went potty on the floor and he showed me eaxctly where he went. So I think he pulled down his underpants and went on the floor!!PURPOSELY! SO frustating. He has discovered his..um..stream and finds it fascinating.Atleast I know he's a normal boy, right?
SO i had a stern talk with him and told him if he went on the floor again I would take away his trucks. He went in the potty and later on the floor so i took the trucks. ARGH!! He knows better! So frustrating. But we will keep on it because that's what needs to be done. So far today he has done well.
With Gookie she is waking up every night atleast twice. And the second time it isnt to eat, it;s to play!!!! I know it's all out of habit! But the neighbors are right above her and the reason we got in this habit is because Brad was working at 4 am and I couldnt let her cry so he could sleep. Tonight we are moving her into hunter's room so that she isnt right below the neighbors and Brad is buying ear plugs!!! I cant do this anymore!!! I am so tired and this must stop now!!
So yes I have my frustrations and things to deal with as do all Mommas. But if this is all I have to deal with right now, I am really lucky. And I really can't complain. I have happy kiddos (when they get their naps) and I think they are stinkin' cute. I am so blessed and love being with them with all my heart.

No comments: