That is what I am singing to Hunter! I realize that is what works best with him going in the potty. He doesnt care about the m&m's or that i took his trucks away, it's if i make a big deal when he does go in the potty. And so yesterday Morning he went potty and poo poos in the potty!!!!!!!!! HUGE deal!! I told him i was so happy and he is awesome. Everytime now he says he is awesome and asks if I am happy. He is really into emotions right now so I think this is why praising works. WHATEVER WORKS!!! I told him if he didnt go potty on the floor we would go play at the "park". Yesterday was dark, windy and rainy. How it is in the winter in California. So i actually liked it because it was still warm...er. So we ran errands and my kids loved being out in the rain! Hunter had his fireman rain boots on and he was jumping in puddles. Gookie was laughing when the rain and wind hit her face. We just had a good time together. HUnter did really well to stay by me and listen. At wal mart, Beth and her roommate Kristen were there. So we talked to them for a while and my kiddos love them. After that we went to Arctic Circle and played on their "park" equiptment. It was just a good day with my kiddos. Then we came home and took naps.
Last night we put Gookie in the port a crib in Hunter's room and moved him to her room. SHe woke up at 2 am and i gave her a bottle and I went back to bed. 20 minutes later Brad woke up with her. I never even heard her. He was tired and didnt know what to do. He doesnt get this whole let her cry herself to sleep she will be okay. So i told him to put her down, close her door and ours. Which he did. Brad was able to go right back to sleep and i could faintly hear her for an hour. I could have gone to sleep but i wanted to make sure she would eventually stop. Which she did. She didnt wake up again until 10:30 am! And lately she has been waking up ATLEAST one more time. I think the more we let her do this, the less she will cry and hopefully wake up. So bit byt bit we are making progress.
Tonight we are going to the temple!! We have been able to go for three months in a row now. And it is ALL thanks to Beth and Bethany!!! They are so good to us and love our kiddos. Our kiddos love them too. It is cute to see Gookie smile and go to them. We look forward to going to the temple tonight.
BRad has his interview with the Juvenile Correction Center in St. Anthony today. He will know in 2 weeks if it is yay or nay. We arent trying to get too excited. He has had great interviews before and nothing happened so.... I feel bad for Brad. HE said he didnt know if he could take another rejection. Poor man. He said that if he doesnt get this job than maybe God is trying to tell him something. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment