We celebrated our anniversary and Brad's bday last night. I planned it all out and surprised him. We went to dinner in I.F. at Texas Roadhouse. We would never be able to go there with the kiddos! The wait was 45 minutes and they wouldnt have lasted 10. So it was like a real date!! Then I blind folded Brad and drove this way and that and totally had him believing we were going to his grandparents cabin. But instead I had just driven to Rexburg and ended up in the parking lot of AmericInn. Yup we stayed in a themed room!!! He was like "where are we? we're in Rexburg?!?" But he was pleasantly surprised. We walked into our room and we could hear crickets chirping. We were in an Africa Safari room. The room was made to look like a tent with old english furniture and mosquito netting. The bed was soo comfy. We were dead asleep at 12 and didnt wake up until 10 am!!!!!! Meanwhile Bethany and Beth were at our house and were up wih Gookie at 2 am. She always wakes up at 2am. We were able to sleep in because the room was soo dark from the coverings they had over the windows. Oh it was great to sleep in.
Then we went to breakfast and went to the Church distribution center to get some, ahem, necessities!! Then we went to Sage Day Spa and got a couple's massage. It was DIVINE!!! She was able to work out all of Brad's knots he has had from sno mobiling. My gal did something to my neck, put pressure on a point and I feel like I have a new neck. She said that is why I have headaches. So next time i get a migraine I will just go in for massage =)
It really was like a second honeymoon, even if just for a night. To spend the time together was wonderful. We sure couldnt have been longer than one night though, we miss our kiddos!!
Thank you a million times over Beth and Bethany. We love you and appreciate that you were willing to stay the night with our kiddos!
3 comments:
Aww, what a cute date idea!!!! I read it to Cody and he liked it too. So a yummy dinner, an African Safari, sleeping in, "necessities", and a couple's massage?!?!?! Wow. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Thanks for giving me ideas for ours coming up in May! :)
THat sounds divine! Happy anniversary!
That is so awesome! My absolute favorite thing Clint and I have done since we got married was stay at the Anniversary Inn in SLC where we also stayed in the jungle safari room! LOL. That's so great that you were able to get away like that. Our 7th anniversary is coming up in May. I hope we can get away for SOMETHING but I doubt it will be over night. We'll have a little pipsqueak to take care of! :)
Post a Comment