Friday, August 28, 2009

What's new

Hunter had his post-op appointment on wednesday. They said we had two options, to either have him admitted to the hospital for a couple of days with an i.v. in him to get him all hydrated, Or they could give him a shot of a steroid that could help with the swelling to go down and at the very least, make him hungry. So he got the steroid shot as well as a shot for pain. This time Bradley got to hold him as I was feeding Gookie at the time. Once those shots kicked in, it was the happiest I had seen him in a week! He DEVOURED a milkshake, cheeseburger and fries and anything else he wanted in the house. He also drank and drank!! YAY! I was worried that he would just crash once the shots wore off. However, he woke up yesterday feeling good and continued to eat and drink!!! He actually did alot yesterday! He didnt have a nap, and he played outside with friends!! A little bit after that i could tell that he wasnt swallowing his saliva again so i gave him his pain meds and he had a great evening and had a great night's sleep!! Oh at the appointment I found out why his whole body writhes after he swallows the medicine. It is alcohol based and has been burning my poor baby!! No wonder he would scratch and pinch me!!! I feel aboslutely horrible that it hurts him soo bad, yet that medicine makes him feel better.

I am interested to see how he will be today. If it was all too much yesterday and today he will just mostly lounge around or what.

I am so glad that he is feeling better! Thanks mom for putting his name in the temple and for all the prayers everyone!

No comments: