Hunter was absolutely miserable yesterday. He only nibbled on breakfast (which was more than the day before) and he wouldnt drink anything. He doesnt even swallow his saliva because it hurts. He didnt have a wet diaper at all from the night or at all yesterday. I know I had to take him in. So i load up the kids at 6:30 pm, because brad still wasnt back yet, and we went to the emergency room.
They tried to look in his mouth and he WOULD NOT budge. Poor little guy. They had to wrap him up tight in a sheet, leaving one arm out to take blood and put an i.v. in. They tried twice on each arm and couldnt find his vein because he was sooo dehydrated. It was horrible to have to hold him down, sing in his ear and have him look at me like "what are you doing mom?" Finally they found a vein and gave him some morphine to relax him. And it kicked in. It was the happiest he has been for a couple of days. They gave him an i.v. drip too. I think they would have had us stay longer but he has his dr. appointment today. After he was all hooked up and relaxed Brad came to us in the hospital. He missed all the "excitement".
When we came home Hunter ate potatoes, meatloaf and a couple of bites of roast!!! He hasnt eaten that much since he was in the hospital! SO he was feeling really good thanks to the morphine! We gave him some medicine and he drank and drank! Whew!
I got to sleep in today thanks to Bradley!!! He took care of Hunter this morning who was back to not feeling so hot. But he did drink and eat more than the other mornings. I think my body knows that Brad is home and I have just crashed. I feel so tired and exhausted, as my sister said I have been through the wringer while Brad has been away. I'm just pooped!
My bestest, true blue friend who I have known since senior year of highschool and we were roommates up here is in town. My Magggie. She dropped by really quick last night just to give me a hug!! It was wonderful! We are going to play later this week too.
Brad is home, Hunter has fluids in his body... all is well.
2 comments:
Oh, that stinks. I feel so bad for Hunter Boy. Poor little guy :(
That is scarry. This has been so tramatic for you guys. I hope he feels better soon. Hopefully Brad is home to stay??
Post a Comment