So all was well until we woke up to Monday. I have a tooth that has absessed and so I woke up and it looked like i had bells palsy, that side of my mouth wouldn't smile and it hurt too. For some reason Gookie was crying alot on this day. After the naps I thought i would take us to arctic cirlce for dinner because they have a great play place for Hunter. Hunter loves to play and be outside but it is very hard to chase after him with Gookie. So the park is hard and going outsidem, it's like he all of a sudden realized the road is right there and is testing his limits there. Too scary to deal with right now. So we go to arctic circle and Hunter runs saying "play..play" and he is so happy. I order something for us to share and my card is denied! So i have to get Hunter to the truck and he is kicking and screaming because he is expecting to play because i said he could. I go to the bank and try the ATM, denied. So i call the bank (at this point both kids are crying) and our card was turned off because we were over drawn too long. Now i only include this embarassing part because I know many of you know this horrible, embarassing feeling. You know how it is to struggle, do your best and well, money sucks. So after this i drive home with sad kiddos. I run out to the mailbox and receive an invitation to go to cousins first b-day party that had started a half hour before and in Shelley. We would all love the company but alas, both cars have empty tanks and well my card doesnt work, the bank is closed so we cant go. I try making dinner and Gookie is just screaming, she wont eat she is just too tired. Soon I join the kids with tears of my own because I know Brad isnt coming home to help me out. FINALLY 9 pm comes and both kids go to bed. I planned on cleaning and folding laundry but I am so exhausted i just veg on the couch. Crap, crap, crappy day.
Tuesday I wake up and i am in so much pain from my !@#&*! mouth I call Brad just crying (poor man, i dont know what i expected him to do!) My wonderful Mother in law comes to my rescue and i go to the dentist. I have to get a root canal $$$$$. They give me a shot and the worst part of the whole ordeal is that he (if you are squeemish dont read) squeezes my absess and it hurts SOOOO BAD!! they leave me to sit and let the numbing begin and this lady comes to talk about our payment options. I am just shaking in pain and on the verge of just crying to her. I mean it hurt! I get all numb and they do the root canal. I get home and poor Gookie was crying for Tammy. She didnt sleep the whole time like i had hoped. I tried pumping a bottle before i left but the suction wasnt happening and the pump wasnt doing anything. Poor Tammy! Of course she is too nice to say that it was that bad, that is never a fun position to be in, to be left with a breastfeeding baby and you cant help them out. THANK YOU MOM! So i feed the kids and load them up in the car and we are off to pick up Brad. It is an hour drive. Brad get;s in the car and we start driving, Brooke does NOT want to be in her seat anymore. She is crying and it is just crappy. Poor Brad was hoping for this warm welcome (we were excited to see him of course) and Brooke is crying and Hunter is acting up etc etc. We finally make it home though and the kids and i are in bed by 10pm. Welcome home Brad, goodnight. Hunter woke up at 3 am crying and then sleeps in between us but horizantally pushing us off the bed.
Wedneday we take Hunter to the hospital for his surgery. We are waiting for them to take him back and we hear the 2 previous tonsil surgery kids just SCREAMING! that get's me scared for what we have to look forward to. Hunter did okay. He was very restless yesterday and pretty much still out of it. I mean he was okay to be in bed all day which would otherwise be impossible. We watched Robin Hood about 30 times, Sword in the stone 12 etc. I am so glad that they kept him over night to monitor everything and i had peace of mind. brad stayed the night with him and Brooke and i came home. This morning he wanted out of that bed! they took out his i.v.'s and Brad got him dressed and seriously he RAN out into the hall ready to go before we were. The worst part is giving him medicine!!! But Brad has been the one to do that. So this evening we take Brad back and as soon as we drop him off Hunter is just crying for his daddy. Truly heartbreaking. Gookie woke up when the car stopped (i had just fed her, i knew she wasnt hungry) and for the first 20 miles i had crying kids and i was cursing Brad's name. Then the sun was setting and the scenery was just beautiful! the beautiful wheat fields and farmhouses, just gorgeous drive. Oh and it really helped that both kids were asleep at this time. We get home and again, both kids are crying and it is time for hunter's medicine and it is the first time i have to do it. He claws at my face and rips out my earring! At this point i am crying along with him. It's just so sad to see your baby like this and well, it hurt too! I put him to bed and he has woken up twice since. The last time was while i was typing this. Time for more lortab. He had this glossy eyed look and was just screaming "NO MAMA NO!!" Breaks my heart to have to wrestle him down, to give him the meds. I know it will take the pain away, he knows it tastes yucky and hurts to swallow. I was crying and begging for him to take it, praying that he would. He spits most of it back up but he got some down and ran to my bed. He is on Brad's side crying for "Daddy". He settled down and i brought him some ice cream mixed with 7-up. I have to keep him hydrated but he is just not drinking. It's just really hard.
I miss Brad and i am so thankful that he came home for this and for all of his help. I am hoping tomorrow will be better. It is hard to be alone for so long anyway, but especially add a tonsil surgery on top of that and it is just miserable. When Hunter is glassy eyed NOTHING makes him happy because well, he's drugged and hurting. At the hospital he pitched a fit because the housekeeping lady took the garbage out! this is what i am dealing with. My poor baby! I think this is the hardest thing i have had to deal with since being a mom, which is nothing compared to what others have dealt with. So i guess i am just a wimp. I am trying to just "deal with it" because what else can i do? AHH! SERENITY NOW!
6 comments:
Ally, We love ya!! This to shall pass honey. Being a mom is SOOO hard, when you do have your hubby to help, but it can be extra hard all by yourself. When Robert had his tonsils out he acted like nothing had happened. Keep trying to give him the medicine. I am surprised that they gave you Loratab. Robert just had Tylenol with codine. I could not take my kids to the hospital, Dave had to take Robert and Lizzy when they had their surgeries. Anyway I will keep you in my prayers and maybe the Toothfairy/Tonsil Wizard will help you out.
Oh, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad week. Serenity Now! :)
Ohh, Ally I am sorry. That stinks. When it rains it really does pour, huh?
It is hard dealing with sick or hurting kids especially when you have to do all by yourself sometimes. If you need anything please let me know. I would be glad to help.
Sandy
Man I am sorry to hear about all this. Do you need any help with anything? Please let me know.
Man I am sorry to hear about all this. Do you need any help with anything? Please let me know.
I give you 10 thumbs up for being an awesome wife and mother (and sister to your crazy, hormonal pregnant sister).
Post a Comment