As mentioned my parents have been here this week and they just left. So i am a mess.
Brad left on Monday for Chicago. He has gone with the social work program and this will be such an amazing experience for him, so far it has been already. They go to Chicago for a week, meet with some inner city youth and then bring them back here to a ranch in Victor Idaho. So he will be gone all of next week to. So since Brad has left, I havent had to be alone thanks to the timing of Dad's skin cancer needing to be removed. I so appreciate them coming and the time we had together. I hope they enjoyed their stay.
My dad took Hunter to the John Deer place and they looked at the tracters and then went to arctic circle for ice cream. There's just nothing like having your parents around and adoring your children. Gookie is really talking now and she would just talk and talk, smile and laugh for them. And Hunter would play, hug them, snuggle with them and they would give him kisses. They go to the dr. on monday and will find out more about what dad's status is. We are all hoping the best and i know that they will be back on their way to Africa to finish their mission soon.
Yesterday I took the kiddos to th e dr. for a checkup. Everything is fine except Hunter snores in his sleep and sometimes stops breathing a bit. So i knew that that was a red flag because my niece Hollie did the same thing and had to have her tonsils and adnoids out. So yesterday the dr. looked in Hunter's throat and referred us to the Ears, Nose and throat dr. We went today and we had to wait FOREVER! Long story short, Hunter is having surgery next wednesday to have his tonsils and adnoids removed. They dont like to do it this young UNLESS they snore in their sleep and have apnea, whish he does. The dr. said Hunter's tonsils were very large. This was the only time they could schedule it and brad will be away. I guess the recovery process will be difficult since Hunter has never had a sore throat and will want to drink, but it will be so painful to swallow. My job as Momma is to make sure he stays hydrated. He will be there over night to make sure all is well and to have an i.v. to hydrate him. i am glad that he will be there over night. I am hoping that Mom and Pappy can come back for that, but i know they can only do what they can do, and that very well may have been this visit. Which was such a wonderful visit!
3 comments:
That’s interesting. I have wanted to take Gracie to the ears, nose, and throat Specialists. To have her checked out for basically the same things. Hope all goes well. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
We won't be here on Wednesday cause Livvy has her follow up appointment in Salt Lake and Primary's but if you need any help any of the other days next week please let us know. We'd be happy to do whatever we can. He'll do great he is a tough kid.
Oh AllY! It's been a while since I looked at your blog and look at all I've missed! My gosh you've had a hard time. This stage, when my first two were this young, was the hardest time for me in motherhood (and we never had tonsil surgery!). Let me just tell you that it has ONLY gotten better and even when I added a third to the mix I never had struggles like I did with the first two when they were tiny. I remember all these types of moments oh so well and they were the most difficult times I had to go through. You're doing great!! You're an excellent mother and this too shall pass! Love you to pieces! I wish I were closer so I could help. When does Brad get home??
Post a Comment