Monday, August 17, 2009

I Survived

I am very impressed that I got all three of us ready and to church on time! Hunter had a little more energy than he usually does during sacrament meeting but it was just fine. At one point Brooke did need to eat so i just took both kids with me to the mother's lounge. On the way back to the chapel I ran into a friend who took Brooke for me for the last little bit. The funniest part was during the sacrament, and so all is quiet except for Hunter who is laying by my feet. And in a really loud voice he says "hola, Hola, HOLAAAA!" I thought it was really funny so i start laughing and the people infron of me and behind me do too. Afterwards a friend came up to me and said "i didnt know we had spanish speakers in our ward" I told her it was the gift of tongues.

When we got home from church i was exhausted. We all took naps at the same time. Oohdalalee! (sorry, Hunter's new kick is robin hood everyday!)Then Brad called saying we could come up for a visit. Not that kind of visit. He isnt in prison and the kids came too!

So I loaded up the kids in our tiny car because it get's better gas mileage and we drove all the way to Victor Idaho. The most beautiful drive. He is at a beautiful camp/ work ranch. Brad was soo excited to see Hunter. Brooke was asleep at first so he didnt want to disturb her and i am just chopped liver next to Hunter.Although i did get a kiss in there somewhere. I know he misses me, and Iknow that it is hard not to see his kids.

I was able to meet some of the boys they are working with. I guess earlier that day one boy punched another boy out, but that has been the only outburst they have had. I asked one boy what he thought of Idaho, being from inner city Chicago and all. He told me that this was his second year and that he looks forward to coming and that it was very different, but good.
When we got home both kiddos went to bed, and i went to close the curtains and the biggest hobo spider i have EVER seen came out of my window sill! I hate these spiders because they attack and are so poisonous and just ugly. I had just sprayed last week and now i am all paranoid. i wont put Gookie on the floor for a while.

Today we went to the hospital to get things ready for Hunter to have his tonsils taken out on Wednesday. They didnt have him on the schedule so i have to call tomorrow to find out what time that is going to happen.

I think today has been the hardest day yet. I am just tired, i have dishes to do and i am just tired. And i miss my husband. I think this evening we will go to the "wee" so Hunter can play. He wont be in the mood after his tonsils are taken out.

No comments: