My parents have been here for a little over a week and it has been wonderful to have them here. But most importantly they have been able to rest and feel better. My mom was able to see a urologist the day after they got here and was put on some anti biotics. It has made the world of difference. When they first got here they both did not look well at all!! Mom was just miserable and both were tired. It was really hard for me to see them like that. But with in a few days and good night's sleep they have perked up greatly.
They are freezing here after being in Africa, but the really sad part is, we are too!! I have had the heater on the past two days and it's JUNE!!!! Ugh, eastern Idaho!!
We have planted my garden, gone on a drive through cache valley, and just enjoyed eachother's company. Oh yes, and of course have been watching the world cup. They have taught Gookie to put her hands up and yell "GOOOAAAAALLLLL" And Hunter will shout in excitement at the t.v. just like Papa!!
I am so lucky to have my best friends all here! My parents, husband and kiddos. Being the youngest, I got to live with my parents and it was just us 3 all through high school, and I got to really know my parents and strengthen my relationship with them. So I am grateful for this time that Hunter and Gookie has to build a relationship with them. Hunter LOVES Grammie and Papa. He is like their shadow. Yesterday Papa took Hunter on a walk down the street where they are building a building. They got to see the tractors in action and saw bird eggs and then went to the store and got some chips and orange soda. That;s what Hunter wanted to eat. HUnter LOVEd it. Hunter was given a piggy bank which is actually in the shape of a giant crayon. He calls it a rocket. He has been collecting money to buy a buzz lightyear. Papa gives him coins everyday and last night Grammie, the kiddos and I went to find a buzz lightyear at the store while the Papa and Brad watched Avatar. It was so cute to see HUnter hand over the money and buy it himself. He was pretty proud about it too.
On Wednesday they got a couple massage as a present for moms bday and father's day from all 7 of us kiddos. I think that has really helped them out too. Mom had horrible knots in her neck and shoulders and dad had some in his lower back from the 20+ hour airplane ride.
The dr. they saw yesterday minored in African Studies and he spent 2 hours with them yesterday not only to check their health but to talk about Africa!!! He wanted to hear more and said he wanted to go to their home coming, which wont be here. But I suggested they do a FHE or something.
My mom has a follow up appointment with the urologist today and they both get bloodwork done on monday and then see the dr. on wednesday. So they are here atleast until then.
Yesterday was just freezing and we went out to eat. Mom looked at me and said "I hope the heater is on in this place or I will get pneumonia" (sp?) And I said "if you do, you will have to stay here longer and that's part of my plan!"
Love having them here and cherish this time together. They are getting better bit by bit. Yesterday Dad/Papa was telling me how it is so good to see Mom back to herself. He was really worried. she has been in pain, tired and just miserable for so long, he was worried that she wouldnt feel like normal again. And I know Mom was really worried about that too. So we are all glad that they are getting better and rested before they move on in their next adventures.
1 comment:
Oh, I am so glad to hear that they are feeling better. I've been thinking about you and them all week. Love you dear friend!!!
Post a Comment