Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the weekend

Friday Brad had off. So we went to spend time with Memaw. It was the first "warm" day in a long time and we spent as much of it outside as we could. Hunter LOVES going to memaw's and got to play in the dirt and ride the four wheeler. He was in heaven and I was introduced to making bracelets!!
Saturday the Adams' family all went to dinner to celebrate Mother's day. Hunter wanted to go to Memaw's so badly. he even tried recruiting all the other cousins by saying to them "want to go to Memaw's house?" so when dinner was over, all the grandkids cried because they thought they were going to MeMaw's house!!
Mother's day I was able to sleep in and Brad cleaned the whole house and then had to go to work. I love being a mom!! And i love my mom!
Monday brad had off too and we went to Memaw's house. It was warm again and he played outside and played with cousins. We got to do some more jewelry making and brad got to deal with all the kids. All last night i kept dreaming about beads, i think i am addicted and cant wait for brad's first paycheck!
Today was a yucky, cold and windy day, and Brad's last day off for the week. We slept horribly as Gookie was up late and crabby, and at some point Hunter climbed into bed with us and kicked all night. Ba and Ba watched Hunter for us while we took Gookie to the dr and has another UTI.Thanks to them, Hunter had a fun day and got to play in the park. WHen we picked him up at said "Mom!!That was fun! I played at the park with Ba!" We had to go to the hospital for them to collect her urine for a analysis. SHe was miserable and they said we could take her home and just bring in the bag once she had gone. On the way home she threw up everywhere! And of course the bag leaked and we didnt get a urine sample. So when i took her back tonight they said to come back tomorrow and the idea of doing it all again tomorrow is maddening and exhausts me! I was lucky to have Brad come with me today and for all of his help. I have really been spoiled by having these days off.
Gookie is miserable and it is so sad when she is such a happy girl. This picture just desribes her! I wanted brad to take a picture of her because she was SOOO tired and was falling asleep with this funny scowl. And the minute he took the picture her face went from scowl to this! She is too funny! Cant wait for her to get back to feeling happy again





3 comments:

Unknown said...

poor little girl. But I love that picture of Hunter with the umbrella. He looks totally content.

Erin said...

I kept looking at the backgrounds, going 'ah, Idaho' :) Sure hope she feels better soon.

Tanya said...

poor gookie, it is so sad she isn't feeling good. hope she gets over it quick. the pictures on the 4 wheeler are so cute, what a good grandma.