Church went soo much better than I thought! The kiddos did great in sacrament mtg. Gookie was spazzy, in a very happy and good way, for all three hours. She wasnt fussy and overly tired. When I needed to take Hunter potty before and after sacrament mtg I was able to find a sister who was willing to hold Gookie while I took him. It really helped that we had been in the ward before and I wasnt handing my baby over to a complete stranger.
Relief society was great. I knew alot of sisters and to me, it is just more friendly and welcome than the student ward. There arent any cliques of groups and there are old and young. I just love it. It just feels so good to be in the ward. By the last 20 minutes of relief society Gookie was restless so I let her on the floor and the fast little girl took off. And she went all around the room and said hi to everyone! She is NOT shy at all. But it was nice that i could enjoy the lesson. I just let my baby wander around just so i could enjoy the lesson for the first time in a LONG time.
It was just a great, uplifting time at church.
Today Brad had off. I took Gookie to the dr this morning for a follow up from the er. They want to check her urine again next week and we will go from there. She continues the anti biotic for 5 more days.
For Family Home Evening today our lesson was geared towards Hunter's new behavioral chart. I guess you could call it that. He has gone back to testing limits, hitting me, and just getting ornery. That is a BIG NO NO! SO we talked about making good choices and how Heavenly Father wants us to be happy etc etc. i showed the chart and how he will get a sticker when he listens, talks nice, doesnt hit, puts toys away etc. Then the award at the end of the day is a otter pop!! Hunter works really well for praise, so i am hoping this will work. I just dont want to get angry. ANd the way he has been acting, i just get angry. And thats not the way to be. I dont ever want to discipline in anger. So i am hoping he will work well for the reward, understand a bit better, and avoid me jumping to anger. I know it is just the age. i have always heard that 3 is harder than 2 because they test limits, want to be independant etc etc. I remember a nephew of mine got ornery when he turned 3 but is now so sweet and always has been. Its just a stage. If anything it reminds me that he is NORMAL!!! and he isnt this way all the time. Its went he flat out disobeys on purpose and looks at you like "now what are you going to do about it" so i do something about it, like put him in the corner, and he reacts to that with pitching a fit or taking a swing at me. We'll see how the chart helps out with that. Otherwise I may be sending him to Africa to stay with Mom and Pappy until August!
Every year Hunter get's allergies. Especially when it is windy. Well it has been windy for over a week now and today he started with the runny nose and a horrible cough that comes with it. Its like an asthmatic cough, but it's allergies and not asthma. Last year he had to do breathing treatments. ANYWAY i gave him some benadryl today that i bought today too. Man it worked like a dream! and i dont just mean because he took a nap. He didnt cough the rest of the evening and night. Then i come to find out that children;s benadryl and other medicines were recalled today!! WHAT!?!? Luckily i kept the box, went to their website and typed in the number on the box. The one i bought was not recalled. WHEW!!
1 comment:
That is crazy about the benadryl! I'm so glad things are going so well...minus Hunter's "stage." You are so awesome Ally. I can't wait to be a mom so I can follow your example of awesomeness :) love you!
Post a Comment