Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday, which felt like a Monday

We woke up today to tons of snow and icey bad roads. Brad had to take the truck to work today for the second day in a row! The fan in his car doesnt work, so he doesnt really have heat and his windows fog up. Scary situation. So he was halfway to work and found out all the schools had snow day. So he wouldnt be going to the school today and the center didnt know if they needed Brad yet. SO he killed time in Idaho Falls, like 3 hours until they needed him. This will never happen in his new job but if it did, St. Anthony is only 15 minutes away.

So the kiddos and I just bummed around today. Very much like we do on Mondays. So what we did yesterday. Mondays are laundry day which is why we are bums. Today was just a bummy day, which is why we were bums. I did however work on my bow making hobby. That gave me something to do, rather than snack with boredom, while the kiddos were napping.

The "easter aftermath" bug hit me today too. So I am guessing it isnt just the candy because I have barely had any. (yay me!!) That hit me tonight and Hunter too! Right now Hunter is crying. He should be sleeping. Sleep is hard to do when you have climbed on top of the dryer with a permanent marker and have drawn on the top of the dryer. Sorry Mom and Dad. We have NO idea where that marker came from. Yeah, he is in trouble.

I have found what works best with Hunter when he doesnt listen. Taking things AWAY. I have taken away his trucks for taking apart our hamper thingy. He hasnt touched it since. I will say "Hunter come put your boots on (fireman rain boots he always wears out) if you dont I will take them and you will have to wear your tennis shoes" etc. There are consequences that he doesnt like when he doesnt mind, so that is helping.

Today was so cute with my two kiddos playing. Hunter was playing "Dog and Wolf", He was the dog and Gookie was the wolf. He would go down the hall and say "come on wolfie" and he would howl and bark. It was cute. When Gookie is napping and he is awake, he is BORED and misses her. So fun to have two kids.

Because we havent been able to go outside in a very long time, we went to arctic circle for dinner. Hunter played and played. There was an older boy there and no one was watching him. He was hitting Hunter and I watched as Hunter told the boy "please dont" and "you dont hit me!" The mean boy proceeded to grab Hunter by the collar of his shirt and try to push him down the slide. That's when I stood up and said to that boy "he is telling you please dont and that he doesnt like that" the boy played nice with Hunter after that. I have been sticking to my guns about diapers only at night for Hunter. He does great going in the potty at home. Tonight at Arctic Circle he went potty in his pants. Good thing about fireman rain boots, they catch the potty =) We told Hunter before hand that if he went potty in his pants we couldnt play anymore. SO brad went and changed him, I asked for spray for the dribble on the floor and after that we told him no more playing and we came home.

It is "supposed" to be warmer the rest of the week. It will be rainy, but in the 50's. Yup, thats real warm. So I am thinking that in the afternoons when he is awake and Gookie takes her second nap, Hunter and I will go out and play. Jump in puddles, dig in the mud, all that fun rainy day stuff. I LOVED being out in the rain when I was little and Hunter loves it too. I will just dress him appropriately and we'll go and do!

This snow and rain is good because we do need the moisture. So I better stop complaining about it. I do need water to float down the river this summer!!

2 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Ally dear! I LOVE hearing updates and your blog. It just plain makes me happy. And yeah, I'm so almost done! I have a final today and one tomorrow and then I am graduating!!!!!!!! Guess what that means for you...that means I can play! AND I have gotten into the bow making bug too so we should totally get together and do :)

The Pascoe Family said...

Magic Eraser will take that marker right off the dryer. Trust me I have done it before.