Okay so here is the story. Gookie started a fever on thursday. SO i thought it was her ears. We took both kids in on friday, hunter for his 3 yr checkup. In a year he has gained 14 pounds and 3 inches!!! He is in the 95th percentile for height and weight.
ANywho, Gookie's ears and throat were fine. The PA said that she probably had a virus, bring her back if needed. She continued to have a low fever and was still fussy while on tylenol and motrin. I thought that was weird. I thought maybe it was teething because she just COULD NOT be happy longer than 5 minutes at a time. Then Monday at noon she started to get a rash on her torso. I took her in and Dr looked at her for 5 seconds, said it was definately a virus and it would have to run its course and left. It was a different Dr. than when we went on friday. In my opinion, the PA was much more thorough.
SO she was been fussy everyday. Would only be happy for 10-15 minutes at a time. Then starting on Tuesday she would be playing and then start SCREAMING!!!! this happened all thoughout the day and as a result of the screaming she passes out 3 times!!! I didnt know what the cause was. I knew she was in pain, but didnt know why. I thought maybe it was constipation. SO we started apple juice. This continued onto Wednesday. It was horrible. She would be fine and start screaming. Last night I was giving her a bath and she started screaming again. I noticed that at the same time she was going potty!!!!!!! Poor baby! I just knew it was a UTI! So i took her to the E.R. because I knew the urgent care wouldnt be able to take her urine. They put this bag over her so that when she went potty they could collect some. I waited over an hour for her to go, then another hour for the results to come back. And i could hear that they were back, then another 30 minutes for the dr. to come in and tell me the results. It took the first two hours for Gookie to calm down and FINALLY go to sleep. The result, yes she has a UTI. ANd she probably has had several since she was born. Everytime i noticed her stinky urine which was several. But her own immune system probably fought them off he said. SO in a week I need to take her back to her pediatrician where they do something to make sure it hasnt gone into her kidneys. SHe is on antibiotics, I hope it helps to ease the pain and get rid of the infection very soon. I hate how she is screaming everytime she goes potty. Oh yeah, the dr, said it will probably be a problem her whole life.
My Poor baby!! We definately didnt have to worry about this with Hunter.
4 comments:
Poor Baby! Welcome to the world of having girls! Remember all the problems we had with Kaitlyn? Too bad they don't have any of those pills for kids so she doesn't have pain when she urinates. Start stocking up on a lifetime supply of cranberry juice! :)
Hopefully she will feel better soon and mama and baby can get some rest!
Sad!! Sooooo sorry. Hope she gets better soon.
Oh, Ally, you're in my prayers:)
Oh boy, that's horrible. My niece had reoccuring UTIs and ended up needing surgery for it when she was about 10. My neighbors daughter just had surgery for this as well, she's 6. At least now you know to watch for this when she gets a fever! There are some great natural herbs that can fight infections without antibiotics. I just used some liquid garlic for Bryce's suspected ear infection and it seems to have cleared up. I know I have used grapefruit seed extract for UTIs for myself when I'm pregnant too and they clear up. You'd have to ask someone if that's okay to use on kids. Anyway, you might look into it if this is going to be an ongoing problem because it could save her from unnecessary antibiotics.
Post a Comment