Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday's Adventures

Yesterday Brad's client had early realease from school, so he would hav 2 hours before he had to work in the center. SO the kiddos and I met up with Brad in I.F. And i really needed to go to JoAnn's fabrics and we met there. Hearing the scissors cut the material and the smell just took me to my childhood. My mom is a sewer and I remember going to the fabric store with her, I loved it. I am not a sewer. Lost art I think.
Anywho, we went there and then had lunch and then Brad had to go back. The kiddos and I then went to super walmart. Oh yes, before we left the house I told Hunter that he needed to tell us when he needed to go potty and if he went potty in the toilet and not his pants, we would go to the park!!

SO we are in super walmart and it is about 2 hours passed his nap and her afternoon nap. They are hanging in there. As i was grabbing something off the shelf, she starts screaming...bad.... she in pain! I had no idea what happened. I pick her up to comfort and she passes out in my arms, in the middle of the isle. She comes back to me and I hold her and I know that HUnter has done something. I thought maybe he was trying to look at her (he was in the back side of the cart) and so he pulled her arm back? So I make him stand up in the cart and look in my eyes and tell him to be soft say he is sorry etc etc. I put Gookie and she isnt happy until she can chew on the next item I gave her. I think a hanger?

The both fell asleep 5 minutes before we got home. I brought HUnter in first and he went right down. I brought Gookie in, changed her diaper and took off her coat. There on her arm was a HUGE bite mark!!!! All of his teeth HARD!! I felt horrible!! I hadnt seen it because of her coat. Had i known, ooohhh man he would have got it! He NEVER bites. NEVER!! When he woke up from his nap, 3 hours after it had happened! I asked "Hunter did you bite Gookie?" And he shook his head yes. So we go over how that hurts etc etc. Brad had gotten home by this time and Hunter (smarty pants) was ready to go to the park. He had been dry the whole time!

So I had to stick to my promise so that he would know I mean what i say and we went to the park at 7 pm and in 40 degree weather. Crazy? NOPE. The sun was out and everyone too!! This has been a break in snow for us!! We bundled up in coats. Gookie and Brad stayed home and HUnter played and played. We walked over to the carasel because Hunter wanted to look at the horses. When i told him it was time to go he took off running!!!!!!!! Bad habit he has started. Running away. Once I got him on the other side of the park I told him because he didnt listen and stay with mommy, he couldnt play anymore. So i picked him up and we left.

It was an adventurous day.

Today we are totally bumming it. I still have Gookie in her pajama top!! Quite honestly I dont want to see the bite mark because I feel so awful about it.

Brad's client went home sick today so he has been home since 10. He doesnt have an afternoon person on thursdays. So i took a nap from 11-1!!!! Now it is time to get to gettin'.

pictures to come

No comments: