It started Thursday night when Beth came and did our hair. I have blonde highlights and a new do. Too fun! She is amazing! How nice of her to squeeze us in when she still had a final paper to work on and was leaving for Minnesota the next day!
Friday night Brad and I were able to go on a date!! Thanks to Bethany who came and watched the kiddos. We went to see Sherlock Holmes at the cheap theater. Its a fun movie. After the movie we went to twizl berry. I love that place.
Saturday was a pretty lazy one. They usually are. I am soo exhausted by Saturday. But that night Brad went to hang out with his brothers and Bethany came and stayed the weekend until she could move in her new place. It was fun!! We watched Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs. That movie is crazy!! And that is the night the tummy bug began!! Yes Hunter was the first to get the runny tummy and he couldnt ever get to the toilet. He didnt even know until afterwards. I threw away the first pair of undepants, they were bad! and he was in a diaper and thank goodness! I had to change him like every 5 minutes only because I could smell it. Hunter had no idea.
When i put the kiddos down for bed, i had her in the crib and him in the bed in the same room. Well a while later Gookie was screaming. I went in and he was in the crib with her and I knew he had bitten her. I asked if he did, he said yes and he showed me where. OOOHHH man i was mad. This is just NOT like Hunter at all. I gave Gookie to Bethany and she comforted her while I gave him a spank and a flick. no reaction. Then I told him that as a result his toys would be taken away. And we talked about biting and how it hurts and makes me sad and Gookie sad.
Well I dropped the ball and didnt take his toys away. When he woke up Sunday morning he said to Bethany "look ba!!! My toys!!" he knew they were supposed to be taken away a now he also knew I dont keep my word. DRAT!!
Brad stayed home with the kiddos from church and Bethany and I went. Sunday evening was hard with Hunter. he was testing like crazy and not minding or listening because to him, I dont follow though. I showed him that i dint because I didnt take away his toys when I said I would.Because he was testing his limits we ended up taking away all his toys. And we actually followed through this time. Monday he woke up and all his toys were in boxes. When he found one Brad would tell him to put it in the box. Oh yes, Brad was home Monday because he was SUPER sick.
It was actually a really good day yesterday with Hunter. He was really listening and obeying.
Today I am sick and so is Gookie. The ground is covered in snow. Hunter has his toys back and it is like Christmas to him. He is doing really well. Gookie was trying to get a toy that he was playing with and I watched as he got frustrated. But instead of taking it out on her, he got her another toy and gave it to her and moved his toy away. What a problem solver! I am really proud that he did that and I told him that too.
So it has been a learning weekend. I now know what works best with Hunter, taking privileges away. And I definately have to follow through. Usually I do. But i went to bed late and was too tired saturday. Never again! haha. Hunter also learned that once we did follow through, he couldnt push the limits without there being consequences. I also know that once we are all better and it is a warm day we will be at the park for sure!!
1 comment:
I totally needed to read this today. I'm working on the same issues with Ethan, just trying to discipline him with love and help him to be a good boy. Thanks for sharing your days with us:)
Post a Comment