Monday, October 12, 2009

*YAWN*

My kiddos have irregular sleep patterns and it is killing me!!! They used to have the best schedules and were like clock work. Then as of this last week Hunter was staying up late, I mean anywhere from 11- midnight late!! We would put him down and could still hear him like 2 hours later, in the middle of the night just talking away or reading books in his room. So Saturday i decided to try without a nap. We were in SHelley that day and after we drove out of the driveway of Memaw and Papa steve's it was a royal fit! I mean he was screaming and crying, he was SOO tired. He did fall asleep on the ride home (45 minutes) and i think he fell asleep around 10:30 that night. Much better. And yesterday he had a nap and was out by 10 pm. So I think Hunter is getting back on schedule (fingers crossed). However, Gookie decided that since Hunter was getting back on a better schedule she should mix things up. SO saturday night she went down around 9 like she usually does. Then she woke up at midnight and decided to stay up until 2 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did the same thing last night but also woke up at 5 and 7!!!!! I would guess that it is her second tooth which you can feel, but when she wakes up she is alert and happy, not crying (unless you put her down). I am tired!!! But I have no room to complain really as my husband has been working at 4 am and that is wearing him down. He doesnt have class today but has his internship this afternoon, so he is sleeping while he can poor man. We are just a tired household. Here's hoping both kiddos take naps at the same time today!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Goodness; I know how you feel. We had to take Xander's nap away several months ago, and Hylan still wakes up all night and sometime is up for a while. Than has a permanent palet beside H's bed for the extra long nights.