Friday, October 30, 2009

H1N1

No we don't have it. Whew. I have become a germ-a-phobe Brad said. But can you really blame me? I dont go to the store with the kids if I can avoid it and we pretty much just stay home. I hate when the kids have fevers and are just miserable, if i can avoid them getting the swine flu I will!
So I have been kind of torn about the vaccine. The Doctor offices arent getting it here, the vaccine is through the health department. Each county had a clinic on different days. Watching it on the news, I didnt really want to stand in line for hours in the snow just to have them run out. Yesterday was out county and in the end I decided against it. Standing in the cold, my kids would probably get sick. They do the "at risk" people first and if there is any left who knows. Yesterday my friend called and said it was now open to everyone. I still was hesistant because by the time I loaded the kiddos up and got down there, I just knew they would run out. She told me they had enough if I hurried. SO i figured it was worth a try. I changed diapers, got shoes on and we were off. AND WE MADE IT!! Gookie was first and she got it in her thigh and she just cried and cried. Then it was Hunter's turn and the nurse asked to hold Gookie for me. ANother Nurse came up and asked the first nurse if she needed some help with the cute baby. And the nurse said no, she wanted to hold the cute baby girl. Mom's like to hear things like that, especially when it is true =).
So as we were driving away I had complete peace. Isnt that what we mother's want when it comes to decisions about our children? I am more relaxed and feel like life will be more enjoyable now, especially when gathering with lot's of kids and family for the holidays. *sigh of relief here*

No comments: