Wednesday, January 6, 2010

4 nights and 3 days

Gookie, as mentioned, has just been miserable for 4 nights and 3 days. I took her to the dr. yesterday and one ear was infected, but he didnt say it was uper bad. Well by the way she screamed i thought it would be much worse. So when we got home i gave her both tylenol and motrin for the pain and fever. I also gave her antibiotics. Still, after the meds had kicked in she was just screaming. She would look at me like "Momma, i am hurting so bad, do something!" It was breaking my heart. We called our home teacher at 9:30 and he came and she received a priesthood blessing. Afterwards, the thought came to me it was her tummy. Hunter had has diarhea, and tells us his tummy hurts right before he goes. So luckily we still had gripe water and we gave her some. Within 30 minutes she was calm and happy and GASSY!!! She sat on my lap tootin' away but was happy up until she went to sleep at midnight!! She woke up 3 times in the night STARVING!! She didnt eat alot yesterday, i am thinking because her belly hurt. SO we would give her gripe water before and after each bottle and it was smooth sailing! She woke up this morning around 10;45 and is actually happy!! No screaming!! It has been so heartbreaking to see her that way, and I feel so bad for not thinking about her tummy sooner.

Thank you all for your love and prayers. We can really feel them. Thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm just amazed at you and your gripe water. I can't believe I've never tried it before but let me you you, I am stocking up on it for sure!!