Wednesday, December 2, 2009

the "real world"

No I am not talking about the MTV show. I am talking about life after Brad graduates. Because his job right now is early morning custodial up on campus, that will end in 2 weeks when he graduates. As much as he has hated waking up a 4 am, atleast it was a job. I think it is all hitting Bradley like a ton of bricks. He is just exhausted. It is really hard to be away on vacation and then to come home and have reality kick you in the face. It is a scary position right now.
So I have been applying to jobs. And it has actually been fun. Here is the thing.. for the higher jobs you have to have a Masters in Social work plus experience. So right now he needs to get jobs with the experience so that after grad school he will have both masters and experience. He has to start somewhere. And as of right now there is NOTHING in the area. Only 2 jobs in all of Idaho and they have been in Boise. I have applied to jobs in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Montana and even NEBRASKA (tells you how desperate we are). But isnt that the whole process, apply everywhere and see what happens? I just hope we get some action before we are out in the real world in two weeks!!

1 comment:

The Gotch Family said...

I am glad you had fun on your trip. That stinks that your truck broke down. You guys have had a rough year. Hopefully Brad can find a job close. That would stink if you had to move away.