I love the traditions of Christmas. Hunter's first Christmas we were here in Idaho and for Christmas Eve we went to Sonic for dinner and then drove around and looked at the lights. We did that again tonight, our own family tradition.Hunter loved the lights and Gookie fell asleep. Then tomorrow it is to Gramma Landon's for Christmas Breakfast at 10.
Tonight we put on our red nightgowns. This is a tradition in my family that my great great grand parents started back in the day when everyone wore nightgowns. They would dye them red just for Christmas time and wear them Christmas eve to bed. Ever since then, generation after generation has continued to wear red nightgowns.
Hunter and I made some cookies for Santa, he was a great help. We tried taking pictures of the kiddos. I am horrible but i think the one of Gookie crying is too funny because isnt it typical when you are trying to take cute pictures of your kids, someone is crying?
Hunter took the stockings (another tradition in my family. everyone has a knitted stocking with their name on it that my mom or great aunts have made. mine is so old school compared to brad and the kids)and was trying put it on his head. Once i helped him out, he was so determined that Gookie put hers own too.
I am watching White Christmas. Good thing Bradley is asleep because he would insist i change it to watch star wars instead, yuck! I will put the presents under the tree and do the dishes.
Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment