I am coming up for air to blog. here goes.
The Home Life- Saturday morning Hunter woke up with an awful cough. It's this asthmatic cough he gets usually in spring and when it is really windy. So i was surprised he got it cause it is nothing like spring and surprisingly has not been really windy. We went to the urgent care and got a breathing machine with Albeterol and he also had an ear infection. NEVER would have known by his behavior. I even asked if his ear hurt and he pulled on the wrong one. Tough kid.
That night i went with girlfriends to idaho falls to get out of the house. We went to Cafe Rio where Gookie fell down and nearly bit through her bottom lip. After dinner we strolled through TARGET and it was awesome. Didnt get anything but played with alot and just had fun.
Tuesday was Brad's day off and he also had a horrible stomach flu. I came home for a little break inbetween clients and Brad was on the couch and the house was a mess. Sick day for sure. When you are either on the couch or the toilet the kids definetely can do whatever makes them happy. Tuesday night about 11:30 the lovely stomach flu hit me. We saw with Brad that is was "supposed" to last 24 hours. Mine went from stomach flu to full blown flu with a cold. I have been down and out for three days now. You can only imagine how much messier the house has gotten. Well, the kiddos' room for sure.
Thursday was my worst day by far. I woke up feeling worse when I was expecting to feel better. Grammie and Papa didn't stay the night with us because I have the plague. They usually spend Thursday nights with us because they work in the temple early Friday morning. HOWEVER they took my cabin fever children to Arctic Circle to play and also swim at the super 8 where they were going to stay. SAVED my sanity and I could just rest. I know the kiddos loved it to. THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!! Then Grammie (Mimi) brought them home and they went right to sleep without a peep. Grammie brought me chicken soup and did my dishes!
I woke up today not feeling much better. I noticed that Gookie had what appeared to be a puss pocket on her whole left side of her tongue. I thought maybe she bit that as well when she fell Saturday night and it was now infected. I showed it to Brad this morning and he quickly got dressed and took Gookie to the dr. The Doc says it looks like thrush and that she also sounds like she is in the beginnings of bronchitis. So Brad picked up Gookie's 2 prescriptions as well as Hunter's that I had forgotten about. Working and then being sick, getting his meds just wasnt on my radar.
This afternoon Julie came and picked up Hunter while Brooke was down for a nap and I got a great nap. Hunter had the time of his life, thank you Jules. And I got a great nap as well and that has made the WORLD of difference. I feel sooo much better and like a new person. I dont have the aches and chills anymore. I feel like I just have a cold and not the plague anymore. I am on the up and up.
Thank you for those who have helped.
The Job- I feel like supernanny with a language/cultural barrier. I know that anything I do with a child wont make a hill of beans if I dont also have support in the home. I cant go in there telling parents what not to do etc. Not only because I dont speak spanish, but because we are still building a trust relationship. Starting with baby steps and I am thankful for Google Translator!! I am also thankful for the kiddos that I have. I have 3 kindergartners, 1 4 yr old and one 9 yr old. So they are still young and hopefully I can still teach and help them. It is enjoyable so far. Feel bad that I have missed 3 days, but I have been really sick and well, what else can ya do? I havent even been able to do anything with my own kiddos other than lie on the couch and watch The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 8,000 times a day.
SOooooo. that's what we have been up to. Tomorrow I plan on having a great day as a family and with dear friends and I will take pictures for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment