Monday, January 10, 2011

This and That

Sunday was Hunter's first day of sunbeams (sick last week). it kind of snuck up on both Brad and I. WHen I took him to sharing time i just couldnt believe he was old enough for "big boy class" He did amazing. I think putting him in preschool contributed to him doing ok with sunbeams.

We now teach the 7 year olds. Brad taught the lesson and learned there is a BIG difference from 11 yr olds to 7 yr olds. At one point a girl said "uh,,,,, what;s the point?" I took over from there and Brad said "you do a MUCh better job at teaching children" It is a different way of teaching for sure.

Today I had my last training to be a PSr worker. I just need to get some odds and ends together and I can start!!

Hunter had preschool this morning and he is doing amazing! We went to McDonalds this afternoon to let the kiddos run around. Hunter made 2 new friends. He asked them their names and introduced himself. SO great to see him growing up and able to socialize and make friends

Gookie ran around and was hillarious to watch. She too is getting older and it is fun to watch. We are working on saying "please dont" when someone does something to her she doesnt like. She has learned it is just as effective to skip the "please" and to shout "DONT!" however, it is not as polite. Again, we are working on it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We posted the same thing today, ha ha! Ethan was sick last week, too. Shaun and I used to teach the 6 year olds, but now I'm primary pianist, and he still teaches them.