Saturday, October 23, 2010

What's up

SO Brad had 5 days off in a row!! And during that time my sister came and we had gorgeous weather. It has truly been the most amazing October ever. Anywho. While cousins were here we didnt even attempt to put Hunter to bed on a schedule. We pretty much waited for him to get sleepy and 2 nights just so happened to need to go on a drive and he would fall asleep.

When Brad started on wednesday to work nights again I was happy. That may sound harsh, and it isnt that we dont love Bradley and he is amazing Dad, but Hunter knows how to work him. Last week Hunter learned that we say prayers, read scriptures, "go to bed" and that if Hunter puts up a fight long enough daddy will come back in!!! However, Wednesday night we did the same routine without Daddy and Hunter went RIGHT TO SLEEP!!!! I have not had any trouble with Hunter at night at all since Wednesday. SO i put him down at 7:30 and at 8 she goes down in the same room. That too is new.

A good's night sleep reall makes a difference in Hunter's behavior. He has been amazing! Also I started this little cup where we put marbles in for good behavior and take some out if we have to. We havent had to. Anyway, we talked about this new thing we were going to do and I told Hunter he get;s to choose what he wants to do when the cup is filled. I thought for sure he would say go to blast off and play in the balls with his cousins. NOPE. He said he wants to go bowling with Memaw and Papa Steve! Random! But thats what he wants to do so we called up papa steve and memaw and let them know. This week has been amazing. Night and day from last week. I am thankful.

Last night he spent the night at memaw and papa steves and stayed up waaaaay to late with cousins. when we got home today from picking him up he took a 4 hour nap. I had to wake him up at 5! I hope he goes down tonight or we may have a rough sunday tomorrow! It's 7:42 pm and we starte CARS because i said we could watch a little bit.

Meanwhile Gookie has been waking up at 6:45!! I am NOT a morning person and have not had to be in motherhood.... as of yet. So this is a rude awakening for me. She wakes up bright eyes and bushy tailed. However, she is NOT content to stay in bed. Hunter would sleep in as a baby and if he didnt, he would atleast be happy as a clam to play in his bed and we could get some more zzzz's. Not the case with Gookie. SO when she wakes up and it is still dark outside one of us will get up with her at 6:45 and be up with her until 8:30. Then that person goes and switches with the sleeping person. Its a nice system but tomorrow is my day to wake up at 6:45 and I am not looking forward to it! But i am so appreciative of Brad who even takes turns with me! He is amazing.

Gookie is also very funny, entertaining and um...strong willed. I think my gramma would love that about her. We love her very much just the way she is, but I am starting to get a glimpse of how being strong willed may he challenging in the future. For example, she has already had "time out". The other day it was for repeatedly pushing Hunter. ok, SHOVING hunter. she came up to him and just started shoving him and would not stop! I told her to be soft and gently etc etc. Then I just picked her up and put her in a chair. She hasnt done it since.

Today she thought the funniest thing in the world was to slap my face! Straight up smack me and then laugh sooooo hard! News break, its not funny! after she wouldnt stop I just picked her up and put her in the other room and said "no hitting" I am still afraid to have her on my lap.

I wouldnt trade my kiddos for ANYTHING!! my pre baby body, million dollars, house with a dishwasher NOTHING!! I love them soooo very much and I am honored to be their momma and to learn and grow as their momma! Its so fun to see their differences, similarities and individuality. Its especially fun to see them play together.

No comments: