Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Third time's the charm?

After Hunter wanted to change Gookie's diaper last night, we thought maybe it was time to try potty training...again...for the third try. This morning I pulled out the Elmo potty and his big boy underpants. He wore Nemo underpants while watching Nemo and he didnt quite make it to the potty on time. So I decided to let him roam free. And he went potty on the potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt tell him he needed to sit down, he sat on his own and went potty! And after his nap he was roaming free again and we went on his own again!!! YAY!!! I hope this continues. But this is better than anything yet! So we will keep on keepin on. How long do we stay home and do this? When is it safe to go in public? We have some pull ups for when that happens, but how long does it usually take?

1 comment:

Carly said...

we are going through this too haha :)
i have heard for a lot of boys the go naked method is the most effective. keep us posted!
stella has had several accidents today but ... persistence, right??? haha