Friday, February 19, 2010

The next step

Hunter has been going just awesome with potty training! He totally goes on his own and has even gone poo poos in the potty! But he has been naked the whole time so he could make it in time. I just put some underpants on him and we will see how that goes. I also moved the potty in the bathroom and when he was still nude he was making it in there just fine. WHEW!! It has just been going great.

Last night we were able to go to the temple for our anniversary. It was wonderful. We have been able to go two months in a row thanks to Bethany or "Ba" as Hunter calls her. She is my old roommate and was there when i picked out my wedding dress. She is a dear friend and we all love her. We also love Beth "Ba" too who is Bethany's friend from back home. I cant tell you how many times they have literally saved us. I will tell you of the last time. Wednesday Brad ran out of gas on his way home and was stranded on the side of the freeway. My truck was empty and we didnt have a penny to our name. (remember we are still trying to catch up from unemployment) Beth came here and got our gas can, filled it up and rescued Bradley!! HOW AMAZING IS SHE!!!!???? I pray that the Lord is blessing them somehow for all they they do for us.
Anyway, Hunter went potty 3 times while we were gone and he was with Bethany last night!!

Right now gookie is in a booster seat at the table "eating" oatmeal. I am all for letting her eat with her hands on her own and then me doing the clean up later. She has oatmeal all over her anD is absolutely loving it.

Today we have playgroup at the church. HURRAH getting out of the house. Hunter loves to run and run in the gym and Gookie crawls all over. Space and socialization is needed when you cant go outside because it is too cold.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Great job with the potty training! I'm going to start training Ethan this summer when he turns 3, here's hoping for easy transition.

Breeana said...

Aww, how was play group?! I didn't have a car OR a carseat, which I didn't realize 'til the last minute so I couldn't even get a ride. I was so bummed!

YAY for successful potty-training!!! I haven't even reached that step yet... I know some kids take longer than others... and another YAY for those poo poos making it into the potty, haha.

Gall... I go through different moods letting Brady eat on his own... but I hear you're always pickier with your first and then you just let things go (in a good way) and relax a little as they come. Is that true for you?

Celeste said...

I had to double read the part about Gookie eating oatmeal. You wrote, "she has oatmeal all over her anis absolutle loving it"! At first I thought, "what???? She couldn't have just written that!!!" Then I thought, "she doesn't know how to spell anus???!!!!!!" :)!!!!!!!