Last night the furnace stopped working. And of course it was one of the coldest nights in a while. WHen i woke up to work out it was -10 degrees!! We had put both the kiddos in Brooke's room with the space heater. At some point Hunter climbed into bed with us. Both kiddos slept in until 9 am which was wonderful.
For heat I turned the oven on and left the door open! And it really worked! Called the landlord again and finally reached him, they had been out of town. By 6 pm the furnace guy came and we had heat! Ahhhh. It feels good.
Potty training wise, Hunter does alot better naked. Hmm. I put his sweats on because it was cold and I kept watching for the signs. Still a work in progress, hence why it is called potty TRAINING.
Brad wanted to continue having them sleep in the same room. It is 11 pm and we could hear Gookie laughing hysterically. We peeped in and Hunter was dancing around to music and she was jumping along in the crib. Oh man she was laughing so hard which then makes me laugh so hard. They are the funniest, crazy kiddos and I love them!
I am tired and should go to bed. I have rededicated myself to going to the gym and eating better. This morning Bethany and I went and it felt good. However I had to be back by 7 and we didnt get there until 6:15 because I had to wait so long for the truck to thaw out. So I will wake up earlier tomorrow, ugh. But we will get more time doing weights and abs.
Well, it is time to crawl under my down comforter and quilt as well as my heating pad. Even though the heater is working, I am always cold. I gues i could open the oven!
3 comments:
I remember those cold Rexburg winters, down comforters rock! That's so funny about the kiddos up laughing at 11pm, goodness! I'm trying to exercise and eat better too, rock on. I got a treadmill in the bedroom that I need to be persistent with. I'm rooting for ya!
Man, what luck you guys have! I'm so glad they got your heater fixed. We have a furnace in our basement that is broken and our landlord has come three times and tried to fix it with no success. They called a guy to come and fix it for us and he has come twice...in the last two months. Ugh. I'm just glad it's just me and Scott though. We can survive, I just have cold feet all the time. haha.
Thanks for sharing Hunter and Gookie stories! I always get so excited when I see you have updated the blog :D
I'm glad they finally fixed it! I was worried about you guys that day! Stay warm!
Post a Comment