Monday, May 23, 2011

Prayers are answered!

I got a blessing last night. I felt like I was just fading from my body. This morning I called my dr. office. My dr. wasnt in but I talked to a nurse who said they called insurance thursday and friday and my dr. even re-wrote a letter to them. She said they were hoping to hear back from insurance today. She said it was frustrating because Blue Cross has denied EVERY iron infusion this year and that I was the WORST CASE with such severe symptoms they have had and I was still denied last week. I asked what I do in the meantime, should I go to the er? She said they actually talked about that and if the insurance would cover it then. She said maybe if we called the insurance that might help. So brad called insurance and they gave him an authorization number. I called the nurse back and she called the hospital and I was in as fast as we made arrangements for the kiddos.

When I got to the hospital the nurse said "are you the one who has been passing out?!?" They were so worried about me and really all you have to do is look at me and know things are bad. They eventually found a vein and put two little tubes of iron through. I could taste metal in my mouth. At one point they did put oxygen on me because i started getting light headed. Oh man did that help!!!! And i got the warm blankets too! They watched me for an hour to make sure i didnt have allergic reaction. And they insisted i take the wheel chair out. I dont feel physically better, as I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and feel like i never slept, but I have hope!! And that makes a HUGE difference. I go back for the second dose next monday and then i guess my iron levels will be checked again.

I am so grateful for a great dr and his nurses. I feel like they really fighted for me and that is a great feeling. I am grateful for my husband who has had to be the mom the last week and has done amazing. And I am thankful for friends and my parents who have taken the kiddos or helped out in other ways. Prayers are answered!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! I hope you are miraculously healed! Love yoU!