Monday, September 7, 2009

Books

I highly recommend the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. These are fun books with a thrilling story and they get better as you go. I just love to read and was needing a fun book. I will only read children's books pretty muchfor now on. Why? Because when my kiddos get older I want to be able to recommend books as well as know what they are reading. Plus i just ventured out and got the Time Traveler's wife from the library and couldnt get passed the 4th page. I am not even kidding it was that dirty!! Who wants that filth? Anyway, this is a fun series.


For toddlers and preschoolers i suggest Color Zoo. Hunter LOVES this book. The shapes make up different animals and it teaches animals, shapes and colors. I got this book last week from the library and he already knows circle, oval, heart, triangle and square. And i just read them to him, i dont drill him what the shapes are since that isnt really age appropriate and a 2 year old doesnt have to know their shapes yet. But he just absorbs what is in books.


Animalia is a great book with great pictures! it goes through the alphabet and every page has pictures with that letter and it is done in aliteration form. For example Wicked Wasps Wildly Waving Warlike Weapons. It has really increased Hunter's vocab and Brad and I have fun looking at the pictures.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome books, thanks!

Valerie said...

I'll have to try these. I really liked your last recommendation. Oh, and Rachel Morris told me about the time traveler's wife. I had already ordered it, but I didn't even open it. I sold it on ebay the next day. I think I'll stick to children's books too.