Friday, January 16, 2009

Tears, pain killers and novacaine

Thanks to the idaho smiles program i was able to go to the dentist last week. After not having the luxury of going to the dentist for 4.5 years, i only had 2 cavities!! it felt soooo good to have my teeth clean! so they scheduled me to get my fillings next wednesday. However, one tooth has been increasingly killing me and last night it was UNBEARABLE!!! Being prego, all i had to take was tylenol which did a but load of NOTHING!! and ambisol only worked for an hour at the most. I was able to sleep from 12-1 am and there rest of the time i was trying not to pull my hair out and just crying it hurt soooo bad. i told brad it was worse than labor because quite honestly it was!! So i ended up takin myself to the ER to get some pain meds. they gave me some and i finally fell asleep at 5 am. I called the dentist at 8:15 am and they said to come on in. HALLELUJAH!! i guess they got really close to the nerve and the novacaine has worn off and it is sore, but NOTHING like last night. Tylenol gives relief a bit.

Again i have the best mother in law. She came today to be with Hunter boy so it worked out perfectly. I was able to go get drilled and then i could run errands that would be very difficult with hunter. meanwhile hunter got to stay home and be with gramma and have so much fun.
now i plan on taking a hot bath, folding laundry , taking some meds and sleeping forever!!

p.s. i am very jealous of my siblings in cali with 70 degree weather!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ew, this sounds aweful! I'm sorry! I haven't been to the dentist for about 6 years now. Still countin! :S I don't even want to know how many cavities I probably have...