Saturday, September 18, 2010

Crappy night to a great day

We woke up and loaded the kiddos to go to Shelley for spud day and had a great time (details and pics in a later post)
We came home and Brad went from the truck to his car and left for work. The kiddos went right down for a nap and I cleaned the house. Then when they woke up we loaded up to go back to Shelley to babysit for Dave and Jaimi and we got to play with the girls. It was so fun! Hunter was so excited to go back and play with his cousins. Once Memaw came to take over the kiddos and I loaded up to go grocery shopping. It was 8 pm and we were feeling our breaking point approaching. So we quickly got all we needed at super wal-mart and then headed for the check out. ARGH!! Only a few registers open and super long lines!! I approached the lines with a good attitude. We were in line for 30 MINUTES!!!!! I know because i kept time. By the time we were gone I had reached my breaking point as well as the kids. I think each of us shed tears on the way home. The checkout lady was sooo slow and i did feel bad for her at first, but that sympathy died as we approached. I seriously wanted to scream!
We are finally home 2 hours after we left Shelley and the kids are in bed. I want to crash!
Tomorrow I get to face Stake COnference on my own with the kiddos. I am even more tuckered out by the thought of 2 HOURS of doing what is right!! But I will do it and hope that I get to hear ateast 1/2 of a talk.

1 comment:

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Sorry that grocery shopping was so horrible. I REALLY appreciatte you be willing to come back down here and watch our girls though so we could go to dinner and Dave's reunion. It ended up being really fun and we were glad we were able to go since you helped us out. Let me know when we can return the favor. Hope you got a good nights rest and that stake conference goes well for you today.