Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ahhhhh!

Brad has been working midnights and he comes home at 8 am and sleeps until the afternoon. So yesterday, after I picked up Hunter from preschool, the kiddos and I loaded up to go to my parents'. It is so peaceful and wonderful up there. They have done alot of unpacking and alot of work and their place looks great. But `not onlythat, there are in the middle of 8 acres of aspen trees and it just gorgeous and peaceful. We sat out on their deck in the sun yesterday and listened to the wind through the trees. My dad took a little nap out there. Hunter is able to go out and run around and play in the "woods" and Gookie walks all over, its just so nice!!

Brad came and joined us yesterday afternoon and we all had dinner together and helped with some boxes etc. Then Brad went home and the kiddos and I stayed and spent the night. Today I took the most glorious nap in my parents bed, surrounded by windows that looked out into the trees! I could hear hunter outside playing with Papa and Grammie. It's just something we have never been able to do, go to Grammie and Papa's. I havent been able to go "home" since I have been married. My parents moved and then went on two missions to africa. both my kiddos were born while they were gone, so it is soo nice to be able to go to their house! We have both sets of granparents only 45 minutes away in each direction! How lucky are we?!?!?

The downfall of their location, they are in the woods and 2 years ago there was a bear that was seen. I have an extreme phobia of bears (thanks girls camp!) i mean my thinking is just totally coo coo for cocoa puffs crazy!! So yesterday Papa wanted to take a walk with Hunter. I totally made him carry around a tamborine from the toy box and shake it to make noise to scare away the bears. I KNOW!! CRAZY! I am laughing so hard at myself as I type this, but this is how my thinking is about bears. I also made Papa say a prayer with Hunter that they would be safe and bears would stay away. I KNOW!! But this is how wonderful my pappy is, he did that all for me! My mom and husband totally would have told me I was crazy, but my dad humored me and did it!!! He's the best. So there they were, walking in the woods with my dad shaking the tamborine!! I was better today, I didnt require anyone take a tamborine outside. =)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, it sounds beautiful, and the nap!! Good golly, you luck girl:)

Katie said...

Haha! I love it! Hilarious Ally. Their home sounds SO NICE. I can't imagine not being able to go visit my mom frequently. You're a strong woman for surviving that and I'm glad you get to visit them now.

The Burila Bunch said...

Your parents are close enough now that I might need a weekend getaway before the snow comes!! Can I crash your parent party? I am so glad that you have them so close. Tell your mom HI for me. I miss her good advice.

Binghamites said...

Song: Hey Mr. Tamborine man.....