Sunday, March 17, 2013
Worst Blogger EVER!!
Yeah, I know. I have failed at keeping tabs on the going ons in our lives. This post will be a quick catchup and without any pictures. I know, pretty lame, but something is better than nothing right?
Where to begin. I guess the biggest change recently is that I went back to work. When I got hired I came home and just cried. It is hard to leave my babies, and yet at the same time I have peace that this is what I am supposed to do at this time and atleast I have my college degree and I can use it! So I am what is called a Habilitative Intervention Professional, (thank you college degree!!) I had to take a course real quick online to be approved for this position by the State. I work with children mostly with Autism in their homes and natural settings, as well as with their parents. Some days are successful, some days I am pinched, scratched and I am just plain tired. I have the biggest respect for their parents who in some cases, have the goal of just being able to go to the store and their child NOT have a meltdown. Some days I feel like, Who am I to help them when my daughter doesnt do anything I ask her to? Or I myself fail to follow through sometimes on discipline. Yet I think I have a greater understanding with these moms since I am one too. And I dont judge because being a mom is sometimes just HARD and I get that.
Hunter and Gookie are pretty resilient with me gone. They have fun with our amazing babysitters which is a relief. Logan would NOT let me put him down the first week of working when I was home. He just wanted his Momma. And sometimes he cries when I leave the room now which is sad. But better to be working now to pay off student loans than have to leave them when they are older. I have always vowed to "Be at the crossroads" for my children. But student loans have gotta be paid. And I feel like there are less outside temptations and bad influences now at ages 5,3 and 1 than later. If that makes any sense?
Bradley continues to LOVE his job at the juvenile corrections center. He is back to rotating shifts. He isnt as tired all the time now that he is off graveyard schedule and he loves that he is working with the boys when they are awake!!
Logan just turned one this last week! I dont know why, but him turning 1 was really emotional for me. My little baby is not a baby anymore! He has been walking around for a few weeks now. We have never tried to stand him up and walk. He has done it all on his own! But I guess I expected that when he started crawling at 4 months old. He just has always wanted to be one of the big kids! And he does love chasing them around! It's just funny how he walks everywhere! Constantly going down the hall, in the kitchen, in the rooms, everywhere. He is so funny and happy. Pictures soon of his bday.
Hunter will be 6 next month!! And Brooke will be 4!!! We will have a 6,4 and 1 year old!??!?! How did that happen?!? How did I get so lucky?
Pictures to come and I will do my best at keeping up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment