Sunday, January 6, 2013
What you get when you marry into the Bingham Family
Family is very important to us. Afterall, your family members are one thing you can still have once you die. 'Families are Forever" is a literal statement. My parents had 7 kiddos, me being number 7 (and the favorite I might add). There are 49 grandkids with 2 on the way and the first GREAT grandbaby due NEXT MONTH! For new year's 5 out of the 7 kids and their spouses and 19 grandchildren plus 2 spouses were able to get together in Victor, Idaho. We rented a cabin and the Bingham Fun began. Now the oldest grandchildren are getting married. In fact, 2 of them got married this last year. This get together at the cabin was a great "welcome to the family!' I think after 7 years Brad has a pretty great idea of what we are like. SO MUCH FUN!!!
One of the most fun we had was playing Rallyball on the x box 360 Kinect. We divided old and young and made teams. The team with the highest score won the tournament! It was so fun to hear the names of the teams. Hunter and Sterling were the "skeletons", Jamyn (Chacha) and Elyse were the "Cheetah girls" Mckay and Rachie were "the Avengers" etc. Here are some pictures and video of the fun tournament!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycLeRr8c5wY&feature=share&list=UUs8ju-IHGvvARc7me4F9CzQ
AND THE SNOW!!! Jocelyn found the best sledding hill for us! It was cold, but so much fun! I think Hunter and Elyse would have stayed out longer than any of the adults! And they both had no fear! They would hop on a sled head first on their tummies and SWOOSH down the hill! Brad was able to borrow a snowmobile from his dad and he would rescue us and drive us and the sleds up the big hill. I love that Hunter will have memories sledding with us, but I also love that I was able to go down with my nieces and nephews who I have seen grow up. It's nice that just because I am older and have children of my own, I can still have fun with them. Forrest and Jamyn and I always tried to make a train and it was so much fun to go down with them and then just lay in the snow at the bottom and laugh and laugh.
And New Year's Eve was such a party!! We had our countdown with noisemakers and our paper hats that Papa made and then a dance party of course!
We had a GREAt time! I am so glad we were able to make these memories! Those who weren't there were missed and we hope you can come next year! Now you know what you get when you marry into the Bingham Family. TOTAL awesomeness and fun! (Did you notice during the countdown Brad was on the couch?) Love my family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment