Saturday, March 31, 2012

Having Logan

So here is the story. Mostly for me, but if anyone reads this, enjoy!
So I was to be induced on Tuesday the 13th. I went to the dr on the 12th and i was dialated to a 1 and was still very thick. So it was decided we would go to the hospital that night to start cervidil and try to soften my cervix, and then they would stary PIT tuesday morning. So we got everything done, my mom came (first time having my mom with me as she has been in Africa the other two babies) and Auntie Jill and Julie came to stay with the kiddos.

So we go to the hospital, they hook me up and ask a bajillion questions and by the time I am checked at 9;00 pm they say you are dialated to a 4. I was in SHOCK and they tell me that i am contracting and I HAD NOOO IDEA! I was in labor and had no clue. I was still thick so they have me walk around. While doing so i lost my mucous plug! I couldnt believe my body was going into labor on its own, a first for me. I was excited. They did have to break my water and that was like the Teton Damn Flood all over again!! No lie! He was floating around in that water, we should have named him 'Bob'!
I was soo nervous not to have an epidural that i asked for one when dialated to a 6, even though i wasnt feeling them yet, I just wanted to stay that way!

He was born in about 45 seconds, if that! It was the first time I got to hold my baby right away. Hunter and Gookie had the cord wrapped around them 3 times each and had to be wisked away and checked out. It was the first time Brad got to cut the cord too.

We instantly loved him!! He is so little and we all love him so much! A baby is a piece of Heaven. There is nothing as miraculous as having a baby and holding them in your arms. I am truly blessed.

No comments: