Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2 weeks old





Brooke is two weeks old today. Last night we went to the E.R. because she has a stuffed nose with gross stuff coming out and she was really struggling to breathe. Turns out she had a fever of 100.1 and when a newborn has a fever of 100.3 they do a bunch of tests like a spinal tap. Basically, a 2 week old baby should not be having a fever and because she does they were pretty concerned. So she ate last night at 11pm fell asleep finally at 1 am and did not wake up until 6 am!! that is a LONG time for my baby girl. She has not been eating like she has been and that too is a concern too. So we have been taking her temp all day because if she gets to a 100.3 they said to bring her in ASAP. not so fun to see your little baby so sick at such a young age.
So with her being sick i am now going to be pretty anal about germs because i have been very lax and now i feel guilty. No unclean hands around my baby, sick people and we arent going anywhere for a while. and i told Brad he will be sprayed with lysol the minute he gets home. I think every mother feels this way once their brand new baby, or any baby gets sick. When you see them so sick, how can you NOT feel this way?
So today she has continued not to eat but she is still having wet diapers which is good. She had sick eyes this morning but this afternoon she was awake for 3 hours!! She seemed to be feeling better and ate some, but spewed everything up that was in her belly (including mucus) three times! We will just continue to watch her and to pray for her.
However, even though she is sick, i was able to get some pictures of our baby girl.

6 comments:

The Liljenquist Family said...

those top pictures are beautiful. i am so sorry she is sick, i will keep her in my prayers. i hope things are going well. sorry i haven't called, life has been a bit crazy these days.

The Pascoe Family said...

Ohh, That stinks. I can't imagine have a sick baby at 2 weeks. Poor baby :(
Hope everything gets better. We will be thinking about her.

The Cardon's said...

Congratualtions- (I haven't blogged forever!) She is so beautiful! How exciting! Hunter is a total cutied too! And Alli- I am so mad that you could have short hair at the hospital and still have it look good. That is just not fair! I am so happy for you guys! What a cute family!

Erin said...

You're in my prayers too, and you're a great job. Being sick is so hard, so I've started spraying the house with lysol at naptime and at night, just to protect our home. I use the clorox wipes to clean the table after a feeding, and I like to wait about a month before I take my newborn to church. I guess I'm a little scared of them getting sick with such a new, weak immune system. Thank goodness that we have good hospital help today!

kmb said...

She is SO beautiful! Can't wait to meet her. I know how it is with the germs though! You can never be too safe. I hope she gets feeling better.

Jessica said...

:( Thats so sad!